How to install a new browser from AOL
AOL is known for not doing proper formatting when dealing with certain websites. Unfortunately, we are unable to support AOL due to them not keeping up to date with the website standards that are enforced by other web browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Therefore, we highly recommend downloading a different browser in order to complete your application without any issues.This article will teach you how to install Google Chrome from your AOL browser window.
1. Type in "www.google.com" in the URL box without the quotes. It will will automatically replace the URL box with the address "https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl".
2. Type in "Google Chrome" in the search box without the quotes.
3. Click the Download and Install Google link
4. Click the Download Google Chrome button
5. Click the Download Chrome button to download the installation file.
6. Click Accept and Install to continue with the download.
7. Click the Save button to save the download. Please make sure that you note the download location.
8. Click the ChromeSetup.exe button that shows up in the lower left hand corner of your browser and select Show in Folder.
9. Double click the ChromeSetup.exe file in order to install the file. If you have more than one, double click the one that has the most recent date.
10. The installation will put an icon that looks like a pinwheel of Red, Green, and Yellow with a Blue circle in the center on your Desktop. You can double click the icon to start up Google Chrome.
11. Congratulations! You have successfully installed a new browser!